Hermitage Church COVID-19 Phase-In Plan
The mission of Hermitage Church of the Nazarene is to know Christ and to live out his life. Scripture tells us that living out the life of Christ involves loving our neighbors as we love ourselves. While we are not under government restrictions, we believe that one way we demonstrate love to others in this unique season is by doing our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We believe that this is best accomplished by following the guidelines set forth by health care professionals.
The following document has been developed to guide the safe re-opening of Hermitage Church for weekly worship. We acknowledge that there are things beyond are control and recognize that much of our success will be dependent upon individuals within this community of faith placing the care of others before their own personal preferences. We humbly ask that each person who plans to attend worship services at HCN read the following and commit to do your part in helping us keep our congregation safe.
All steps are subject to change dependent upon current conditions.
- Gatherings of 10 or less
- Gatherings will be limited to those led by a Pastoral Staff team member.
- Worship services will be livestream only.
- All staff will observe safe practices such as wearing of mask, proper hand-washing, and social distance practices.
- Gatherings for worship in person will begin in Phase 2. Movement to future phases will be dependent upon status of Davidson County, unless we have concerns particular to HCN. With each phase, our numbers at each gathering can increase. Movement forward or backwards in phases will be dependent upon health statistics.
- Gatherings of small groups of 50 or less will be allowed on site on days other than Sunday in Phase 2. These must go through new procedures for building use. (Email Pastor Carol Waller at email@example.com). As we move through the Phases, this will change and updates will be communicated to the congregation.
- Livewire and Building One Ministries will begin to meet in small groups in Phase 2. Preschool and Elementary Ministries will be opened at a later phase, to be determined based on conditions and risks at subsequent phases.
- Reservations will be required for worship gatherings until our space no longer requires it.
Phase 3 :
- Gatherings up to 100
- Follow same safety protocol as phase 2
- Small groups can meet in building at times other than worship service times
- Registration will still be needed for services
- Consideration will be given to the return of preschool and children’s ministries
- Gatherings over 100 permitted. Return to 9:00 and 10:15 services
- Follow same safety protocol
- Age levels begin to meet, would require pre-registering and limit number of kids in each room
– rooms would not be reused until disinfecting can happen
– access to preschool hall/rooms would be limited
– check-in manned by 1 person
- We will return to what may seem “normal” with worship gatherings and small groups meeting.
- We will continue safety protocol in areas of non-touch access and cleaning products.
- Safety Procedures for Sunday Worship Gatherings:
- Everyone will remain in their vehicles until the welcome sign is out.
- All doors will be propped open
- On communion Sundays, elements will be available for personal pickup on the way into the service
- Offerings will be collected at entry ways in no-touch boxes; online giving encouraged
- All words will be projected on the screens
- Chairs in the sanctuary will be spread out. Family units are asked to leave 3 chairs between their family unit and others.
- Masks are encouraged.
- Temperature stations will be available.
- We will not provide bulletins. The service flow will be available on the church app.
- Safe signage will be posted.
- Every surface will be cleaned between services, including all chairs in the sanctuary.