Two new options begin next Wednesday. Registration required.
“When Helping Hurts” led by Pastor Carol Waller — Go to <a href=”https://hermnaz.breezechms.com/form/45ae26“></a>
“The Practice of Prayer” led by Tanner & Brittany Webb – Go to <ahref=”https://hermnaz.breezechms.com/form/3c5895“></a>
In accordance with the current Shelter in Place orders, we will not gather in person, but will gather through Facebook Live available at 9:00 a.m. each Sunday.
Please know that this decision has not come easily because we know that there are those for whom the isolation of this quarantine is creating tremendous loneliness and hardship. However, we believe that we must seek the good of the community. We have worked quickly to have what is needed to livestream a service and therefore can provide a worship setting without gathering people in person.
We are the church, as a people, not as a building. We trust God in these days. I pray God’s peace and comfort to you in a time of high anxiety. In this season of Lent, I am reminded of the words of Jesus as he was preparing to go to the cross: “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”(John 14:27). Our God is a generous, gracious God. He is present with us. We follow the example of Jesus when we put others’ needs above our own. We trust God to continue to direct our steps.
Please let us know how we can serve you in these days.
How do we create a website that allows the reader to discover just what they need to know about the purpose and vision of Hermitage Church? That is what I wish for this space.
- I want you to know the Christ who has transformed our lives. We are connected to Him and we are following after Him.
- I want you to know the church that meets in worship to declare His glory and goodness. It comes in several flavors.
- I want you to know the community of persons who are gifted and graced for ministry and full of kindness and love for each other.
- I want you to feel the throb of the missional heart that pushes us into the neighborhood and out into global villages.
- I want you to witness the ways we care about your children and how we are coveting a generation for Christ.
- I want you to listen to the Scriptures that are taught and preached with honor and authority.
However you enter the church is really not important. It may be the choir or the band or a Sunday school class or a Bible study or Sunday worship. What is important is that you find your way in and discover your place. What is important is that you connect in relationships. My hand is extended to you. Consider this page your first greeting.
In Christ Jesus,